The parish blacksmith Svanberg lived on the property built by his father around the turn of the 19th century. After Svanberg the property has been inhabited by shoemakers, sailors and book-keepers among others. The ship owner Abraham Andersson Sandell from Västanfjärd moved to the house in 1881 when he married the widow Anna Stina Karlsdotter.
Sandell became a leather worker and a tannery existed on the property until the farmer Karl Stefanus Rask bought the place in 1923. The main building was extened shorty therafter. The property was purchased by the Pargas Telephone company ir 1972. During this time the house was used as a workshop and a storage room until the house was restored in 2015.